Monday, June 8, 2009

Dr. Phil

I should mention before I go on that the only reason I'm even aware of this paradigm is because I have mad free time on my hands, due to being laid off; I'm looking for a job even as I type this, so I'll either have a job soon, or another reason to hang myself...

Yeah, I know this show is only for females and especially stay-at-home moms so I get that his show tilts heavily in the favor of female viewers, but I get the feeling that Dr. Phil McGraw is not at all a man's man. Here you have a psychologist (I...guess he is, I don't know?) that is supposed to tell people how to change their lives, empower (almost entirely) women and such, but when a couple appears on his show all you ever see is a guy immediately siding with the wife. It's like men don't have feelings, problems, etc.

Exhibit A:



The way Dr. Phil rips into every male guest would have you think that this is normal in any male-female relationship

Dr Phil is, for all intents and purposes, a puppet. On a show that came on last week (I believe it was about males obsessed with video games), while showing off his World of Warcraft-like character, he said he could be free of Robin (his wife) and not have to listen to her. If this is but a glimpse into what marriage and married life is like, not thanks, I'll stay away from females bearing leashes, thanks. I'm not too interested in letting another human being tell me what to do for the rest of my life

Exhibit B:



What goes on in Dr. Phil's and Robin's marriage, which translates into this on the show

I have yet to ever see a show where men get shown some love. I've never seen a show yet where men get to cry and stop being a sexually insatiable beast, upon whom women can blame their terrible lives, and where they get to vent for a change, or a show about how to understand your man, or even men seeking custody of kids they have to pay child support for, but never get to see or some shit like that; what you get what essentially amounts to an hour-long slice of the Lifetime Movie Network ("I Hate Men" channel) for NBC

Exhibit C:



What the Dr. Phil Show really is

I went to their website and I see they have a link for games...oh boy, I wonder what kinda games they have, "bash-the-evil-male-rapist-because-he-reacted-the-way-men-do-when-cleavage-is-flashed-and-I-was-really-slutty-that-night-but-decided-to-be-a-cocktease", or "no-means-no-even-if-we-get-into-bed-nekkid-and-I-decide-to-change-my-mind-at-the-last-possible-second?"

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mia J said...

OMG I hate Lifetime!!!! Dr. Phil really is a pussy. He's annoying that's why I don't watch his show. I'd rather watch Judge Mathis! lol

June 8, 2009 at 2:23 AM  
Blogger Chosen One said...

Lol that makes 2 of us!

June 13, 2009 at 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home