Thursday, May 14, 2009

Unseemly Employer Practices

It would seem that these days before a person can even get a job but after they apply for it, employers check an applicant's credit score before determining whether they get a job or not. To me, this is not only intrusive, but redundant. I mean, why would I be applying for a job if I didn't have debt? Why would I willingly incur more debt by obtaining things that come with bills if I didn't have to? It's sure a good thing I went to that job fair the other day. This kind of treatment is totally worth the hassle I went though.

Exhibit A:



Thanks to current employers' "strategy" to get the best employees (slaves), these have become harder than a math final to come by...

You have to have some things that require bills in order to establish credit history, which would allow a person to purchase homes, cell phones, automobiles, etc. I have news for employers, the majority (around 90%) of americans, in particular those who are currently out of work, have some amount of debt. Please do not make them out to be some sort of thieves and pickpockets...

Exhibit B:



This is how employers see employees

This begs the question: how exactly does one pay bills if the person can't get a job? It's like they put you in the same category as some master criminal because you have too much debt. This is so very unfair because if I wanted to steal something, I would just do it and probably wouldn't even need any damn credit in the first place. And it has absolutely nothing to do with how well you would perform on any future job either. It's used as sort of a weeding out process, denying a job opportunity to those who have a certain amount of debt. To me, attempting to get a job is the ultimate in taking responsibility for any and all accumulated debt, but what the hell do I know...

At this moment, all over the country, employers are now engaging in more sinister practices in order to weed people out of obtaining employment: checking their (and yours too probably) Facebook, Tagged, and Myspace pages before they determine whether you should get a job. As I understand it, this version of the "process of elimination" is quite illegal for companies to even be doing on any perspective employee. It makes you wonder how companies can get away with checking out potential employees' personal pages if it's sooo illegal...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mia J said...

You already know how I feel about it. The blog posting is on point. If I was a criminal I would be doing illegal shit, therefore wouldn't need to get a job to pay them back. I would probably have enough money to live off of without needing credit cards.

May 21, 2009 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger Chosen One said...

Mia, it would seem we are of one mind. Why are things so f'ed up for people trying to do right these days?

May 22, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home