Thursday, November 6, 2008

Music Concerts

I don't think I'm gonna ever go to a concert, because every time I hear about them, people who went tell me they didn't enjoy it at all, like really bad sex. The performer(s) is (are) always late, even though they stay at a hotel in the city, they get to acting like divas, making insane demands like a limo for everyone in their 40-person entourage, and they ask for some outrageous amount of money for tickets ($65 and up) to the show and they don't get there until almost 3 hours after the show was supposed to start, and then get the nerve to perform for only 15-20 on a set that was supposed to be 45-60 minutes.

Every time there's a show, people always tell me that the performer was:
  1. (Very) late. They know showtime is at 7:45 P.M., and although they stay 15 minutes. from the venue, will end up not showing for rehearsal and will get on stage looking like hot hell nearly 3 hours late!
  2. Did not perform to concert-goers' satisfaction. Will catch an attitude like they've been in the business for years and deserve more respect than they got for that half-assed 5-min. performance, then try to leave the area quickly to get their groupie love thing on. Negro please!
  3. Were very rude; they won't even act like they want to smile, sign an autograph, or be there seen near the fans that supported them. Then they complain that people bootleg their shit!
Exhibit A:



What the average performer acts like when they don't get what they "require" to do a show...

Therefore, I don't think that giving these people my money would be good business practice on my end, not so they can give a half-assed performance, buy more meaningless junk and walk around like they're better than me. That ain't gonna work for me. I mean, we as fans make these people who they are, even buying their wack-ass CDs with 2-3 tracks worth playing that, are also found on the radio, and they can't show some appreciation? Nah, no thank you...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home