Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Acting White"

This is one that I myself have been accused of for much of my life: because your parents decided that you could be great one day and invested time and money into your education, you're acting white. Since when is being articulate (sorry, too big a word for your thimble-full of brains?) exclusively a white thing? What's so bad about properly using the English language? Folks were saying things like that about my Mr. President through the duration of this election, but when he won, they were all celebrating like they were on his side all along.

Exhibit A:

What people who typically clown anybody who acts "white" look like...



I guess it's my (along with many other "smarties") fault for not fitting the typical uneducated, uninterested-in-becoming-better, shiftless street thug exactly though. What's funny is that many (black) females stay bumping their gums about how they want a smart, intelligent man, but when one presents himself, they turn their noses up at him because he doesn't talk the way they want him to; not having bullet holes in his body all over the place hurts his cause as well.

Exhibit B:

What true professors in the hood look like:



It's funny: all these females who tell intelligent men that act "too white" for them typically have at least 2 kids (read: bastards) out of wedlock, but will say they want their kids to aspire to be smart and treat women like queens, the exact opposite of how they themselves react to black men who treat them likewise. Maybe I should be apologizing so here I go. I apologize for not being able to turn you on with my linguistic skills, for not getting you to come [cum] in (or out of for that matter) your thongs with my mastery of the English language. I'm also so very sorry that I'm not stupid like you!

Being intelligent and showing you've learned something in school other than how to sleep through class shouldn't be something to get crucified over; we should actually be celebrating those who are trying to make it, like our newest hero did the other night, so I ask you, what's wrong with being smart???

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home