Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Instant Messengers

These days, the instant messenger has become a godsend to average persons and stalkers alike. You use it to get to know people you find on social networking sites, to keep in touch with your people, or for a more adult purpose (to send people nekkid pics you can't post to the aforementioned sites).

But some people seem to use it to advertise that they're not at the PC close to 90% of the time; I'm not sure why, because if they're never there, why even come on the IM to begin with? I understand if they're busy, but if people never talk to you, why do they bother to accept your invite or invite you in the first place? Nobody is that busy....nobody. And if they were, they're out getting that cheddar and wouldn't even bother to turn on the PC. I guess a better question would be why would these folks have people they're not trying to talk to on their friends list? Are they still campaigning for internet attention whore e-president?

Exhibit A:



An example of what I see on Yahoo Instant Messenger most every day

When I see people on my list, I typically will send them a message, and after 10 minutes, if I don't get a response or I get very short answers if I do get a reply, I'll close the window, because for the lack of conversation I'm getting, my PC's resources could be better spent on something I'm doing at that time.

Exhibit B:



I really need to lay off some people, don't I?

I should mention yet one more thing about instant messengers that annoy the hell out of me: people who are shown as online, but when you speak to them, they don't reply. It's like why the fuck are you even signed in to the messenger and not either idle or away, if you don't plan on replying to me or anybody else? It makes me think I need to get my layoffs underway ASAP, starting with that person.

All things being equal, I think it's about time to get to cleaning out my instant messengers (Yahoo, AOL, I don't use MSN anymore; too much spyware), by which I mean a round of massive layoffs for people who take up space and never talk; go be alone in your basement if you want to be a social hermit crab; I don't want or need it...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home