Thursday, September 18, 2008

Greedy Folks

OK folks, I have got to say something about this subject, because Lord knows I have seen enough of it in my lifetime. I know you all have seen it too. Greedy people grasping for more than their share of virtually any and everything.

We as black people love the buzz words "food" and "free", so if you combine them in any order in the same sentence, you'll end up with the same response by the same types of people: to eat , eat and eat some more.

Go to any church event such as Easter, Spring and/or Summer revival, Pastor's Anniversary, or repass after a funeral, and at any one time, you'll see what I mean: numerous people pigging out, making real asses of themselves. Then after their collective gorgefest, skinny people become fat, and fat people go home bigger than ever before and later end up attempting to do this to an unsuspecting pair of jeans:

Exhibit A:

The Eternal Struggle

God had given my late grandmother many things: a loving devoted husband, 5 loving children, 11 grandchildren, and much eternal wisdom. With this wisdom, she taught me (through my mom) that among other things, whenever you go somewhere, you're supposed to carry yourself with dignity and not do anything that would bring shame on the rest of the family. She taught that when you eat someplace, don't get more than you can eat at that time, and get plates together for later like you'll never eat again. I guess these people could've learned a lot from that woman; I sure did, but anyway...

Last November, I was at a funeral for a family member and at the repast, I was outright appalled to see this one lady (she was female; she didn't carry herself like a lady would) have 3 whole plates of food spread out on the table in front of her, 2 cups of drink, and 2 plates of cake for, as my sister mentioned, for some folks who didn't show up for whatever reason! What the hell! Even if this was her story, if these alleged people didn't think enough of the deceased to even show up, how are they gonna be in a position to get food? That's a really nice act of niggerishness right there!

Greed knows no bounds sometimes I guess... If I were to give you any piece of advice about greed, it would be this: you heard what the song said, stop being greedy! Aside from being one of the 7 deadly sins, it'll wreck your waistline and make your body get its balloon on! Ask the woman in the above picture; but don't count on find her anytime soon until all the helium (because food didn't make her fat!) in her body is gone and she deflates, landing in some branches in a far away tree.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home