Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bicyclists

It never fails. Whenever I'm in a hurry to go somewhere on Sundays and have got a good driving speed going, I run into a convoy of about 10 of these dickasses, crowding out my side of the road. Usually they're are nowhere to be seen throughout the week, but on Sundays, getting to places (especially church) on time is most definitely out as long as they're out there!

Exhibit A:




This is what I typically encounter on Sunday drives to church or pretty much anywhere else I try to go...

People (typically white folks) trying to get their Tour De France on. Every time I try to pass them, the dotted lines are on the other side and I have to remain slowed for about another mile before I get another chance! I mean, I'm all for exercising and burning off all unsightly fat, but do you have to do it by holding up traffic while you're trying to impersonate Lance Armstrong? This has led me to remind these apparently absent-minded folks who don't know I'm right behind them:

Exhibit B:



Either that or get off of it! The road ain't wide enough for all of us, and since my vehicle is bigger, I say I (and every other motorist) make the rules, and if you don't want VDOT to come and have to peel you off the asphalt, you better get out of our way and get back to running on the treadmill in the safety of your own garage and let me get to where I'm trying to go on time!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what grinds my gears!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home